Updated: Oct 2, 2019
Ever wonder how to keep your spa water clear year round? Here are some expert tips for healthy spa water!
The size of your spa will determine the amount of chemicals that you put into the spa - the bigger the spa, the more chemicals you will use and vice versa.
It is always a good idea to get your spa water tested weekly to check pH, total alkalinity, chlorine, and TDS levels. Bring a sample of your water into the store and we can help!
Your spa's cartridge filters need to be changed and cleaned every two weeks. It is also a good idea to have an extra set of filters so that you can let the filters you are cleaning dry completely before their next use.
You should drain your spa once every month or two. Fresh water is lower in Total Dissolved Solids (TDS) so the water will be easier to keep balanced.
The chemicals you add to your spa will depend whether you are using bromine or chlorine. Deciding between these two sanitzers is 100% personal preference. Read below to see what chemicals you add to your spa weekly for each sanitizer route.
1. Add 1 Rendezvous Bromine Tablet per 100 gallons of spa water to your spa weekly.
Bromine is a concentrated source of active bromine and dissolves evenly in spa feeders and floaters.
2. Add 2 oz. of Rendezvous Activate per 250 gallons of spa water to your spa weekly.
This chemicals "activates" bromide solution (a.k.a. your bromine tablets) to work as shock that destroys contaminants.
3. Add 2 oz. of Rendezvous Protect Plus per 250 gallons of spa water to your spa weekly.
Protect Plus prevents stain and scale from forming on the surfaces of your spa.
1. Add 1/2 oz. of Leisure Time Spa56 per 500 gallons of spa water to your spa weekly and before each use of the spa.
Spa56 is a fast-dissolving granular chlorine that is virtually neutral in pH and therefore does not upset water balance.
2. Add 2 oz. of Leisure Time Defender per 800 gallons of spa water to your spa weekly.
Defender prevents scale from forming on the surfaces of your spa.
3. Add 1 oz. of Leisure Time Enzyme per 250 gallons of spa water to your spa weekly.
Enzyme removes oil, lotion, and organics from spa water.
If you have any questions about keeping your spa water clear, please call or visit the store for support!